Children Who Can provides bespoke curriculum consultancy services and training for primary educators in Yorkshire and across the UK
Our Innovative Curriculum Consultancy Services
Children Who Can works with primary schools and educators to design a bespoke curriculum that allows children to create their own learning experiences. Using the CWC Way — our unique approach to curriculum design — we collaborate with schools to craft tailored curriculum solutions that meet their children’s emotional, social and educational needs.
The new Ofsted framework states that the curriculum should be ambitious and well-planned and help children gain cumulative knowledge as well as cultural capital for success. Through our bespoke consultancy service, we can help your school to craft an innovative curriculum that incorporates all subjects of the National Curriculum and meets the needs of all pupils. The curriculum intent ensures that children become more aspirational, find the “thing they love” doing and develop their interests. Through the CWC approach to learning, they develop essential skills for life.
The CWC Way Curriculum Design Process Is Developed in Three Stages:
- Stage 1: Personalising the Curriculum – defining the intent of your curriculum and ensuring that it is carefully and properly planned to meet the needs of your pupils, school and the community.
- Stage 2: Engaging Children and Families – during implementation, we decide how the curriculum will be implemented and how we will engage families in the work of the school.
- Stage 3: Achieving Excellence – at this final stage of curriculum consultancy, we are able to measure the impact of your bespoke curriculum design, ensuring that it integrates the whole curriculum and achieves the desired outcome
With highly positive Ofsted feedback, the CWC Way is considered to be something special that is having a positive impact on pupils’ learning outcomes. Our problem-solving-based approach to teaching and learning is unlike any other — the teacher provides imaginative opportunities in the form of missions, challenges and problems, and the children lead their own learning experiences. Children develop ownership of their enterprise through collaborative planning, designed to investigate and solve the mission, while the teacher facilitates work on real-life situations and enterprise.
The CWC Way:
- Has purpose
- Engages children in problem solving and enterprise
- Is child-led
- Ensures collaboration and teamwork
- Develops oracy skills
- Integrates the whole curriculum
- Develops life skills
In addition to our bespoke curriculum consultancy service, we also provide a range of curriculum training opportunities for primary schools and educators. These include curriculum conferences, in school training (staff meetings, twilights and INSET), curriculum planning support and curriculum evaluation and health check services.